Jewellery cleaning and polishing at home.
How to clean particular types of jewellery.
You can clean almost any type of jewellery at home. Read the guides and tips for each type of jewellery before you start and you will be less likely to encounter problems.
These are a few types of jewellery you should exercise particular caution when cleaning or polishing at home.
- Opal Jewellery
- Pearl Jewellery
- Soft Gem Set Jewellery
- Jewellery Containing Wood
- Jewellery Set With Foil Back Stones – Rhinestones
- Jewellery Made with Leather or Fabrics
There are a few types of jewellery you will be limited in what you can achieve at home.
These types of jewellery are best refinished by a professional jeweller.
If you are in any doubt about cleaning a piece of jewellery consult a professional jeweller.
A professional jeweller will also be able to assess the general condition of gem settings, links, catches and give you a quote to remedy any problems.
Find the link below closest in description to the piece of jewellery you are about to clean. Have a read before you commence the project.
- Cleaning tarnished silver jewellery
- Cleaning pearl jewellery.
- Rhodium plating.
- Refinishing platinum.
- Prevent tarnish on your jewellery.
- Why does jewellery leave black marks on my skin?
- Cleaning opal jewellery.
- Cleaning plated jewellery.
- Why is my jewellery falling apart? The effects of chlorides on gold.
- Jewellery you should be cautious cleaning at home.